20:00 - 21:30 CEST / 13:00-14h30 CDT / Track 4: Democracy in Crisis
Mexican experts will present how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the development of relevant and emerging issues of the elections and direct democracy mechanisms in Mexico, such as the political participation of women and indigenous communities, along with the challenges for holding plebiscites and other instruments of citizen participation.
Panel in Spanish and English
Online Forum Conference Guide
- Claudia ZavalaElectoral Counselor of the National Electoral Institute.
- Bernardo Valle MonroyElectoral Counselor of the Electoral Institute of Mexico City
- Rita Bell LópezCounselor President of the Indigenous Regulatory Systems Commission
- Arturo MerazPresident Counselor of the Electoral Institute of Chihuahua
- Carlos ChávezModerator - Professor and Researcher at the UAM. Specialist in issues of Citizen Participation and the third sector
When this function is enabled, you can see the profiles and contact information of the participants planning to attend this event here.