If you are working on issues concerning direct democracy, participatory democracy or citizens' rights, then this website is for you! We want to show the vibrant and growing community of activists, experts and organisations working to empower citizens all over the globe.
Anyone working on these topics is welcome to create their own profile and put their flag on the map! If you are expert, an activist or an official working to make our societies more democratic, you can join as an individual and present your work to the world. If you represent an organisation, you can create a page to present your projects, your team and post your events.
> How can I create an account?
If you are an individual working on topic of direct democracy and citizens' rights, or you represent an organisation that is active on these issues, you can set up an account. Make sure you work in accordance with our mission statement & values. You can create an account by going to www.democracy.community/user/register and filling in the information.
Because we want to deliver quality information, we verify every user on this platform. This means that the application process happens in three steps, nothing is published until you have gone through the following steps:
- You apply for an account at www.democracy.community/user/register. The more information you give us about your work, the easier it is for us to verify and the sooner we will be able activate your account.
- We activate your account. Because we verify each application personally, this can take up to a couple of days. Our apologies!
- You receive an email that your account was activated (make sure to check your spam folder). You can now set up your public profile, so that others can search you on the map and see your information (more info on that in the next section).
> I'm not shown on the map - How can I set up my profile?
Democracy International is committed to carefully curating the content on this website. This means that in order to create a profile on this website, users first need to apply. You application will then be reviewed by our team and your account will be activated by us, please note that this can take up to a couple of days. When we activate your account, you will receive an email, make sure to also check your spam folder. You can now set up your account by following these steps:
- Go to www.democracy.community/user/password
- Set the password for your account
- You will get an email with an activation link, click the link (if the e-mail does not arrive immediately, make sure to check your spam folder)
- Log in
- Go to “My account”
- Click “Manage your public profile”
> What information should I enter into my profile?
As soon as you fill out your profile, you will be shown on the map and other users can see your information. Your profile on the International Democracy Community is the presentation of your work to the world, the more information you enter, the better other users can understand your projects and find synergies with their own work. Entering contact information allows others to reach out to you makes it possible to build alliances across borders. You can make a profile either as an individual or for an organisation, organisations can publish events on the Community. Please note that you need to have permission of the organisation to publish a profile in its name. In these guides, you can find a step-by-step overview of how to fill out your profile:
We're constantly updating this section. Let us know if there is anything you are having difficulties with, so that we can help you and improve the experience for others!